Hokkaido strudel

On sunday I've made experiment - hokkaido strudel.

As you sure know, strudel is typical cake made in our Central European countries - Slovakia, Bohemia, Hungaria, Austria (but also in Poland, Serbia..) It's made from layered pastry and it's filled by very different stuffs (read more in Wiki ) . However most by appel, quark, my mom makes fantastic strudel with popply, cherries and quark. I fill it sometimes with ham and cheese.

As I hadn't have any of those stuff, just the hokkaido pumpkin, I've decided to a little experiment. I've cut off pumpkin to pieces, gave it to a glass bowl with butter and some water, and left in oven for almost a hour by 150C. Then I've mixed it and gave some cornstarch to it (table-spoon). And with it I've filled the pastry and I've wrapped it to its typicall form.

And it was unexpecteddly good! :-)



And my mom making her famous strudels:



4 komentáře:

  1. ale deti to nejedli, moje by sa toho nedotkli :-DDD ja by som si dala :-)))

    OdpovědětVymazat
  2. Nechcu to veru a fakt je to strasne dobre! A este som zabudla napisat, ze som to potrela vajickom a posypala slnecnicovymi semiackami a to tomu dodalo ten spravny smak! :D

    OdpovědětVymazat
  3. a hlavne to uzasne vyzera, ale aspon si ma upokojila, ze to nielen moje deti, ani polievku mi nejedli a ta bola tiez genialna, ale ked som bola mala, spominam si, ze nam suseda doniesla tekvicu, mama ju upiekla a ja som nemohla ani hlt, jednoducho asi to deti nemozu dostat dole, ale teraz uz mozem :-D

    OdpovědětVymazat
    Odpovědi
    1. Vies, ze mne tiez moc nechutili tieto produkty zahrady? Tekvica, baklazan, cuketa, to sa mi zdalo dost hrozne:)))

      Vymazat